Brighton Police Department and Municipal Courts Building
- Brighton, CO
Located twenty miles northeast of downtown Denver on the edge of the eastern Colorado plains, Brighton is a community that has seen tremendous growth in recent years. The previous police facility was built in 1952 and the City Courthouse was built in 1911. Both facilities have been undersized since 1985.
The new 41,000 SF, 2 story building has a one hundred seat courtroom, investigations and patrol work areas, evidence lab and storage area, six short term holding cells, a two vehicle sally port, training and work-out areas, locker rooms and all support requirements for both the police and court areas of the building. In addition to the improved public spaces within the building, two community rooms were incorporated in the program to encourage public use. An art gallery within the public lobby facilitates the police department’s relationship with the public and provides an appropriate backdrop to the public stair up to the courtroom and investigations area.